Fill out the below to watch the webinar recording:
Data transfers to unsecure third countries are something that can keep any person in charge of data privacy compliance awake at night. Because how do you minimize compliance risk when, for example, sending data to the United States?
The truth is that there is no simple answer.
But one thing is certain: The worst thing you can do is do nothing, in the hope that your business will slip under the radar. Because the consequences of not having the right risk and compliance processes in place, when transferring data to an unsecure third country can be severe, in terms of damage to reputation and finances.
In this webinar we will focus on the compliance challenges with third country transfers. From a compliance management perspective you will learn, why ensuring the quality of your documentation can boost your ability to comply with the requirements.
We will go through:
1) Clarification on types of third country transfers
- Secure and unsecure third countries
2) Walkthrough of the European Data Protection Board’s (EDPB) 6 steps for transferring personal data to third countries
3) Mapping the (personal) data flows through your business and learn about:
- Sub-data processors
- Bettina Kok, Managing Cybersecurity Consultant, NNIT
- Mia Louise Bukholt, Principal Cybersecurity Consultant, NNIT
Do you want to know more about third country transfers?
Explore the theme in our Compliance & Privacy universe here.